Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Quotes

Written By Drakor on Wednesday, November 23, 2011 | 8:32 AM

Story: Based on the classic novel of the same name, the international thriller is set at the height of the Cold War years of the mid-20th Century. George Smiley (Gary Oldman), a disgraced British spy, is rehired in secret by his government - which fears that the British Secret Intelligence Service, a.k.a. MI-6, has been compromised by a double agent working for the Soviets.

Quotes from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011) movie

George Smiley: We are not so very different, you and I. We've both spent our lives looking for the weaknesses in one another.

George Smiley: I need you to do something for me. You have to assume they're watching you...

Easterhase: Things aren't always what they seem.

George Smiley: Now is the time.

Oliver Lacon: There's a mole, right at the top of the Circus. And he's been there for years.

Bill Haydon: What the hell are you doing up here?

Irina: I know who you are.

Ricki Tarr: She had information concerning a double agent. What she told me was sensational...

Roy Bland: For twenty-five years we've been the only thing standing between Moscow and the Third World War!

Control: All I want from you is one codename: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier...
George Smiley: ...Spy.

Ricki Tarr: I needed to see you.
George Smiley: Why?

Control: We have a rotten apple, Jim.

George Smiley: What did you think of Control's theory?
Jim Prideaux: I thought it was madness!

Ricki Tarr: Mr Guillam, I'm sorry I was out for so long.
George Smiley: Ricki's been helping us, Peter! He's been telling us all about his adventures.
Peter Guillam: He's a double, George! There is no mole! Irina's been locked up by Moscow!
Peter Guillam: I stole that, because of you! I spied on my own, because of him! Do you know how that makes me feel?

Irina: I have something to trade. Something big.

Ricki Tarr: She told me she had a secret, the mother of all secrets...

Bill Haydon: It's become so ugly...

Control: I know that Moscow has planted a mole, and I know it is one of five men.
Control: Allenine: Tinker. Haydon: Tailor. Bland: Soldier. We leave out "Sailor", too much like "Tailor". Esterhase: Poorman.
Jim Prideaux: And the fifth?
Control: Smiley.

Connie Sachs: It was a good time back then.
George Smiley: It was a war, Connie.
Connie Sachs: A war we could be proud of.

George Smiley: I know who it is. It's Karla.

Control: It'll take us five hours to get drunk on this monkey's piss!

George Smiley: I want to talk about loyalty, Toby. Control recruited you, didn't he? He found you starving in a museum in Vienna, a wanted man. He saved your life, I heard. And yet, when the time came... when it came to picking sides between him and Allenine, you didn't hesitate. It's understandable, perhaps, with your war experience. You survived this long, I suppose, because of your ability to change sides, to serve any master.
Easterhase: What's... what's this about, George?
George Smiley: It's about which master you've been serving, Toby.

Bill Haydon: I thought I'd pop down and catch a glimpse at the new girl before Bland gets to her.
Peter Guillam: Ah, yes, Belinda the Blonde.

Peter Guillam: You got clearance for that?
Bill Haydon: Well, I'm not bloody chaining it up outside. Mind you, probably no better off in here with this bunch of bloody cut-throats, they'll have the gold out of your teeth!

Connie Sachs: I don't know about you George, but I'm feeling seriously under-f*cked!

Taglines
The enemy is within.

Poster


Cast
Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Ciarán Hinds, John Hurt, Simon McBurney, Stephen Graham, Kathy Burke, Toby Jones, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Dencik, Svetlana Khodchenkova.

Info
Official site

Review
Incredibly well crafted, brilliantly suspensful thriller based on the book by John Le Carre. Containing many many fine performances; in particular the underated Gary Oldman, who no doubt will be Oscar nominated. Othe potentialr nominees I suspect could include; Colin Firth, John Hurt and possibly even Benedict Cumberbatch. Expertly directed and wonderfully put together and one of the rare selection of films which appreciates its audience. Highly recomended and a modern masterpiece of the 10's. No doubt will sweep the board in the 2012 BAFTAS and OSCARS. No doubt Alfredson has the Oscar in the bag! See it now. - SarahG1988.

Trailer




Trailer 2

No comments:

Post a Comment