The Help Quotes

Written By Drakor on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 | 8:16 AM

Story: Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, Skeeter (Stone) is a southern society girl who returns from college determined to become a writer, but turns her friends' lives -- and a Mississippi town -- upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families. Aibileen (Davis), Skeeter's best friend's housekeeper, is the first to open up -- to the dismay of her friends in the tight-knit black community. Despite Skeeter's life-long friendships hanging in the balance, she and Aibileen continue their collaboration and soon more women come forward to tell their stories -- and as it turns out, they have a lot to say. Along the way, unlikely friendships are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly -- and unwillingly -- caught up in the changing times.

Tagline: Change begins with a whisper.

Quotes from The Help (2011) movie

Hilly Holbrook: Have you lost your mind?

Skeeter: You said to write about what disturbs me, particularly if it bothers no one else.

Aibileen Clark: You are a goddless women.

Minny: "Alright, I'm gonna do it. But I need to make sure she understands this ain't no game we're playing here." (to Skeeter) "Slide your chair out from under that table, face me. I need to see you square on at all times." (sits) "I got to come up with your questions, too?!"

Hilly: "I've drafted the Home Health Sanitation Initiative."
Skeeter: "The what?"
Hilly: "A bill that requires every white home to have a separate bathroom for the help."
Skeeter: "Maybe we should just build you a bathroom outside Hilly."

Skeeter: "I was raised by a colored woman. We love them and they love us - but they can't even use the toilets in our houses."

Skeeter: "What changed your mind?"
Aibileen: "God. And Miss Hilly Holbrook."

Hilly (to Minny): "Have you lost your mind?!"
Minny: "No ma'am. But you about to..."

Skeeter: "I want to interview you about what it's like to work as a maid. I'd like to do a book of interviews about working for white families. We could show what it's like to work for uh, say, Elizabeth?"
Aibileen: "Do you know what Ms. Leefolt would do to me if she knew I was telling stories on her?"
Skeeter: "Well I was thinking we wouldn't have to tell her. The other maids would have to keep it a secret too."
Aibileen: "Other maids?"
Skeeter: "Well, I was hoping to get four or five - to show what it's really like in Jackson."

Aibileen: "We've gone done it now."

Skeeter: "I got a job today."
Charlotte: "Where?"
Skeeter: "Writing for the Jackson Journal."
Charlotte: "Great, you can write my obituary - Charlotte Phelan dead, her daughter, still single."

Minny: "Forgive me lord but I'm gonna have to kill that woman Aibilene. Now she gone and puttin' pencil marks on the toilet paper."
Aibileen: (laughs) "Did she?!"
Minny: "Mmmhmm. But I carry paper in from my own damn house - that fool won't know..."

Missus Walters: "You should read the book, it's quite scandalous - sounds like Jackson if you ask me."

Aibileen: "What if you don't like what I've got to say?"
Skeeter: "This isn't about me."

Aibileen Clark: You is kind. You is smart. You is important.

Charlotte Phelan: Your eggs are dying. Would it kill you to go on a date?

Aibileen Clark: 18 people were killed in Jackson that night. 10 white and 8 black. I don't think God has color in mind when he sets a tornado loose.

Preacher Green: If you can love your enemy, you already have victory.

Aibileen Clark: I ain't never had no white person in my house before.

Stuart Whitworth: Isn't that what all you girls from Ole Miss major in - professional husband hunting?

Minny Jackson: Fried chicken just tend to make you feel better about life.

Charlotte Phelan: Courage sometimes skips a generation. Thank you for bringing it back to our family.

Minny Jackson: Minny don't burn fried chicken.

Celia Foote: They don't like me because of what they think I did.
Minny Jackson: They don't like you 'cause they think you white trash.


The Help Quotes

Cast

Emma Stone (Eugenia 'Skeeter' Phelan), Viola Davis (Aibileen Clark), Bryce Dallas Howard (Hilly Holbrook), Octavia Spencer (Minny Jackson), Jessica Chastain (Celia Foote), Ahna O'Reilly (Elizabeth Leefolt).

Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment