Bridesmaids Movie Quotes

Written By Drakor on Thursday, May 19, 2011 | 8:25 AM

Bridesmaids Synopsis
Annie (Kristen Wiig), is a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.

Bridesmaids Movie Quotes


        Annie: You're a little cunt!
   
        Megan: Bear Sandwich!!
   
        Nervous Woman on Plane: I had a dream last night that we went down. You were in it.
   
        Lillian: Why can't you be happy for me, and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?
   
        Megan: I'm glad he's single because I'm going to climb that like a tree.
  
        Megan: I'll take the first watch.
  
        Megan: The TSA is gonna rip his ass apart.
   
        Annie: Are you an appliance?

        Megan: Look away!
   
        Megan: I would like to apologize. I'm not confident which end that came out of.
 
        Lillian: It's happening!
  
        Megan: You know anyone who wants to marry my brother is a profound idiot
  
        Megan: "It's coming out like hot lava"
   
        Megan: "I'm glad he's single, 'cause I'm gonna climb that like a tree. "
  
        Megan: "Look away!!!!!!"
 
        Annie's Mom: I'm sure she meets him in the evening, beaver first.
   
        Megan: look how my flaps open!

        Rhodes: we did stuff last night... FUN stuff!
   
        Annie: you probably bleached you're a**holes at the salon!
  
        Whitney: You smell like pine needles and your face is like sunshine.
  
        Annie: What kind of a name is 'Stove' anyway? What're you a kitchen appliance or something?
        Flight Attendant Steve: No. My name is Steve and I'm a man
        Annie: You are a flight attendant.
   
        Lillian: I just shit in the street...
   
        Megan: You're your problem, and you're also your solution.
   
        Annie: "George.. George Glass"
   
        Annie: He might not even be Asian.
  
        Lillian: It's gunna be a kick ass wedding...
   
        Annie: I am in my 30's, I have 40,000 dollars in debt, I live with a weirdo...

"Annie: [Drunk on plane, pulls open curtains to coach after getting kicked out of first class] It's called civil *rights*. This is the '90s. "

"Lillian: This is Dougie's sister Megan.
Megan: You must be Annie's fella?
Annie: I'm not - he's not - I'm not with him.
Megan: I'm glad he's single, 'cause I'm gonna climb that like a tree. "

"Rita: What are we doing for the bachelorette party?
Becca: What about like, a princess theme?
Helen: Versacci meets the gold rush.
Rita: I'm thinking tanned gentlemen that swallow fire and where sarongs.
Megan: Female fight club. We grease up - surprise! Beat the crap out of her.
Rita: I don't hate it---
Helen: Vegas it is. "

"Passenger sitting next to Annie: I had a dream last night. That we went down.
Annie: Oh God.
Passenger sitting next to Annie: You were in it.
Annie: What? "

"Annie: Megan are you Ok.
[As Megan continues attempt to stop from pucking]
Megan: I think my dress probably my dress was just tight."

"Annie: You read my diary.
Annie's roommate: At first I did not know it was your diary.
Annie's roommate: I thought it was a very sad handwritten book."

"[After being pulled over]
Cop Rhodes: I want to touch your nose with your finger.
Annie: I was drunk would I be able to do this [starts dancing wildly on the road]
Cop Rhodes: I would hope so."

"Annie: I don't know what I am supposed to do...
Lillian: Well, whatever, just throw the bachelorette party, and the shower, and ...."

"Helen: You have to meet Helen.
Annie: You're so pretty!.
Helen: You're so cute! Did you come from work? [Annie has a shocked expression]"

"Helen: Lillian I feel like I can communicate with you simply with a look."

"Lillian: This is Becca, from work.
Becca: Is that your husband? [pointing to a man standing behind Lillian]
Annie: Oh no, I don't know him. I'm single.
Becca: I was just so distraught when I was single.
Annie: I'm fine being - by myself. [Becca makes a distressed face]"

"Megan: No carry on.. Ah.
John: No
Megan: I noticed. I know she did not put anything in the overhead bin either.
Megan: I get it I get it. Protect and serve air marshall style."

"[On the plane]
Annie: I am ready to parrrtyyy."

"Megan: I am going to take the first watch.
John: I am not an air marshall. There is... you don't need to take a watch.
Megan: Ok.. [quietly] I have got the first watch."

"Lillian: You remember my cousin Rita. Rita just bought a new house. It is gorgeous.
Rita: I wouldn't know, I only see the kitchen and the laundry room, and the ceiling in my bedroom.
Rita: [after pause] Sometimes the floor. "

"John: [sitting next to Megan on the plane] Stop winking.
Megan: I will stop winking.
[Winks again]"

"Lillian: Let's go meet the rest of the bridal party."

"Megan: I don't want to infringe on your privacy. I really appreciate what you do for this country.
John: That is great. I am not an air marshall. I am going to take a nap."

"[As the valet is trying to start Annie's car and the engine is turning without starting]
Annie: You have to punch it. A couple times."

"Helen: I will be more than happy to handle the bachelorate and the shower.
Annie: I think I can handle it."

"Cop Rhodes: You are like the maid of dishonor."

"Annie: You are going along with your life and you look around and you notice like Ohh.
Annie: I am in my 30's, I am 40,000 dollar in debt. I live with a weirdo.
Lillian: You have a super creepy roommate."

"[At the wedding dress shop]
Helen: We got food poisoning from that restaurant.
Annie: NO.
Everybody go outside [everyone runs out in panic]"

"[As Annie's teeth is blackened by what she is eating, looking like she is missing teeth]
Annie: I don't need dental work.
Lillian: You are right.
Annie: There is nothing wrong with my teeth.
Lillian: You are so beautiful."

"Rita: You know what, I really don't care which dress we get, it doesn't matter me I just need to get off this white carpet.
Wedding Dress Store Saleswoman: No, Ok no, not the bathroom. everybody go outside [As all the sick ones starts running towards outside]"

"Lillian: Annie what is this place.
Annie: I know it looks a little scary from the outside, but the food here is really really great.
Becca: Oh look you can get a check cashed next door."

"Becca: Helen are you not having any meal
Helen: It is not good to have a big meal before a fitting."

"I feel like her life is going off and getting perfect and mine is just like phrrr.. [makes sound of things going bad]"

"Officer Rhodes: Running a wedding should be fun. You know if I ever had a wedding I would want everyone to be stress free.
Officer Rhodes: You know I would like it to be a carnival. Like people win prizes guessing the bride's weight."

"[Officer Rhodes is talking about a wedding being a carnival]
Annie: You know you could have elephants and bride and groom can walk on a little tight rope.
Officer Rhodes: Well what you are talking about their is a circus wedding. That is totally different, you missed it."

"Annie: [To Lillian] You are going to take this huge step and I am going to be there right next to you..."

"[As Annie is looking for ideas for Bachelorate Party]
Megan: Fight Club
Annie: Go to a fight club.
Megan: No we are not going to go to a fight club.
Annie: Oh Okay.
Megan: We are going to be the fight club."

"Lillian: Are you coming over tonight.
Lillian: I have BIG news.
Annie: Uhh uh I can't wait."

Bridesmaids Quotes & Dialogues

"[After coming out of the wedding dress shop due to food poisoning]
Annie: [shouting] We all got the flu. Such a coincidence"

"Lillian: You are total catch. Any guy would by psyched to be your man. You should just make room for someone who is nice to you."

"Rita: [Talking about his 3 kids] They are cute, but when they reach that age.
Rita: Disgusting, they smell, they are sticky, they say things that are horrible."

"Megan: [To Annie on meeting her first time at the party] Blue and blue, its like looking in the mirror
Annie: Kind of."



"Lillian: So will you - be my maid of honor?
Annie: I will!"

"Officer Rhodes: You know my sister was maid of honor at my cousin's wedding and she found it so stressful her hair started falling off.
Annie: That's terrible.
Officer Rhodes: Yeah, it grew back but it was pretty gross."

"Helen: I am sorry for making fun of your shoes behind your back.
Annie: What's wrong with my shoes.
Helen: They are really ugly."

"Lillian: You will love the rest of the bridesmaids."

"Officer Rhodes: Yeah that sounds rough.
Annie: It is going to get better, right!
Officer Rhodes: I wouldn't have thought so."

"Wedding Dress Store Saleswoman: Lillian honey.
[As Lillian walks out in the wedding gown, everyone gasps]
Megan: So pretty my stomach hurts."

"Rita: Annie, I have not seen you since you gradutated high school.
Lillian: She has three kids now.
Rita: Three boys.
Lillian: So cute."

"Lillian, I don't know what to say. You look...
[Megan starts feeling like pucking.. making loud pucking noises]"

"Becca: I can't wait to be married and have kids."

"Lillian: I'm engaged!
Annie: Oh my God!
Lillian: He asked me last night! "

"[As everyone is getting sick at the wedding dress shop]
Annie: May be everyone is pregnant
[As one of the bridesmaid's stomach makes a loud noise]
Annie: Congratulations"

"Annie: Did you eat one of those [referring to birth pills].
Tyler: I ate Saturday."

"Helen: Oh my God, you got food poisoining from that restaurant, didn't you.
Annie: No, I had the same thing that she had and I feel fine.
[As Becca starts to feel sick and attempts to control pucking]"

"Annie: Just wanted to thank you for selecting me as your maid of honor. And you got some other choices."

"Officer Rhodes: Sounds like you are jealous of her."

"[As Annie is sneakly moving in the cabin of the plane]
stewardess: Excuse me ma'am? Please return to your seats.
Lillian: She's not great at flying. "



Cast
Kristen Wiig: Annie
Maya Rudolph: Lillian
Rose Byrne: Helen
Chris O'Dowd: Office Rhodes
Ellie Kemper: Becca
Melissa McCarthy: Megan
Wendi McLendon-Covey: Dana
Matt Lucas: Steve
Jon Hamm: Ted

Directed By: Paul Feig
Written By: Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo
Release Date: May 13, 2011
Running Time: 125 minutes

Bridesmaids Review

Ultimately, Bridesmaids was one of the most enjoyable comedies I've seen in a long time. Whatever the case may be, Bridesmaids certainly makes for a successful maiden voyage for her into the world of feature-film comedies.

Annie's life is a mess. BRIDESMAIDS is not a chick flick. BRIDESMAIDS is also pretty heartfelt. Kristen Wiig FINALLY gets the chance to shine in a starring role! Honestly, this girl can carry a film on her own. Sure, BRIDESMAIDS is predictable as hell but so are 99.9% of other modern comedies. Also, with the "HANGOVER with girls" comparison, BRIDESMAIDS is a much funnier, insightful, and honest film than THE HANGOVER ever was.

Bridesmaids Movie Quotes

From beginning to end i couldn't stop laughing, the cast was perfect, especially Kristen Wiig. What was really great about this movie, which is a large part of any comedy movie being successful, Bridesmaids is infinitely quotable!! Bridesmaids is a fairly simple film that sees one unlucky lady being the maid of honor for her best friend while attempting to plan the wedding. Kristen Wiig is hilarious and this should be her star making film. There wasn't a single moment that brought me out of the film, and that is the sign of a film well done. Nearly all the scenes featuring her are laugh out loud funny.

While the film is both filthy and raunchy at times, the foundation of Bridesmaids lies within the relationship between Annie and Lillian. It's funny stuff, with Wiig's talent for physical comedy and way with a witty put-down providing many of the film's highlights. Which isn't to say that the film is a failure, with Bridesmaids featuring more laughs-per-minutes than the majority of comedies, and highly recommended for fans of Kristen Wiig, scatological humour and/or Wilson Phillips.

Wiig can't measure up. "Bridesmaids" isn't the female version of "The Hangover." It's an independent film dressed up with big, commercial moments.

Bridesmaids Dialogue

Rated R, "Bridesmaids" features profanity and adult situations.

The takeaway from Bridesmaids shouldn�t be �Look! What makes Bridesmaids work isn�t just that some sophomoric gags are expertly timed and executed. Bridesmaids comes alive because of rich characters and tremendous performances, particularly from co-writer and star Kristen Wiig and co-star Melissa McCarthy. While the film gets a little too heavy in the third act, Bridesmaids keeps the laughs coming and it�s humor that both genders can enjoy. One of my favorite scenes in Bridesmaids isn�t comic. It�s a point in the film where Annie is feeling depressed and decides to create a single cupcake.

If the film is a success at the box office (and it certainly deserves to be), expect Bridesmaids to boost not only Wiig�s career, but that of her co-star Melissa McCarthy. Despite the wonderful scene between Megan and Annie, the third act is also where Bridesmaids encounters most of its problems. Bridesmaids loses that balance and our cheers for Annie�s success start becoming desperate pleas. The film also has some difficulty maintaining the romantic arc between Annie and a local cop (Chris O�Dowd). Bridesmaids isn�t a parody or an imitation. It�s simply one of the funniest films you�ll see all year.

Bridesmaids Movie Quotes

There are two common ways people are describing the new comedy Bridesmaids. What makes Bridesmaids distinct is the producer on board, Judd Apatow. One of the scenes that has divided viewers occurs when Wiig's Annie takes the bridal party to a Mexican restaurant.

Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment